Thursday, February 25, 2010

Embellish Magazine's Birthday Challenge

Hello! A break from stamping - report cards, ugh! Can't wait to play when these are over! This card is my entry for Embellish Magazine's Birthday challenge. Sorry about the dark picture. It's the best I could get today. The colors were what challenged me the most! The challenge suggested these Papertrey colors: Raspberry Fizz, Enchanted Evening, Dark Chocolate, and New Leaf. I only had Raspberry Fizz and Dark Chocolate. So I used Pacific Point and a Rich Regal green from Stampin Up! If it wasn't for my friend Stephanie, I don't know if this card would have been made. I started with an entirely different card and started from scratch it was so challenging! This card slowly evolved with me asking Stephanie, "What do you think of this?" over and over again! Thanks Stephanie for always helping me out! I was fearing that my mojo was going to leave because of this card! Supplies: from Papertrey: cupcake stamp from Tiny Treats, Raspberry Fizz and Dark Chocolate cardstock, from Stampin' Up: Chocolate Chip ink, Pacific Point and Garden Green, scallop border punch, scallop square punch, Happy Birthday is from Vintage Labels, large and small oval punches, from Cuttlebug: swiss dot embossing folder; others: rhinestones, diamond stickles

3 comments:

  1. Oh how cute! Love those cupcakes and the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! Though I think you'd have done just as great a job if I weren't there. ;) You are one talented paper crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Melissa! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I very much appreciate your comments!