Thursday, July 15, 2010

Amanda's Graduation Card

It's hard for me to believe that Amanda has just graduated high school. I'm in awe of this as her mom is the one who really got me re-interested in stamping almost six years ago. Amanda was just a teenager! When I'm crunched for stamping time (as was the case here) my creativity usually flies out the window, so I end up going through stamping catalogs and magazines or I go to SCS for inspiration. One of my favorite things to do right before I buy a stamp set, or once I've just received it, is go there to see what people have made with it. ***This has been edited: I've attempted to link to Teresa Y. Kline's blog, but apparently her post went missing as I was about to post mine (I'm hoping she's being published!). Here's a link to her inspirational blog. She used Papertrey's Mini Scrapbook Series Library Ledger stamp set. WOW! I printed out the photo of the card, cut it out, and folded it up in the Library Ledger stamp case just waiting to case her card. She makes it look really easy to make such a beautiful card! Me? Not so much! I had a hard time lining up my stamps, and then stamped my sentiments, and then rearranged them, already had dimensionals on it, and here came my crooked lined card! But I thank Teresa for her fantastic card, and KUDOS to Teresa for sharing it on SCS! Thanks for stopping by! Supplies: Cardstock: Hibiscus Burst (Papertrey) Designer Paper: Hibiscus Burst Text Style 2009 Bitty Dot Basics (Papertrey) and Basic Grey Stamps: Mixed Messages and Mini Scrapbook Series: Library Ledger (Papertrey) Ink: Certainly Celery (SU!) Embellishments: Island Blossom Dew Drops, ribbon (unknown) Tools: three flower punch (SU!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I very much appreciate your comments!