Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge No. 42

Hello everyone. I have two entries for this week's The Play Date Challenge No. 42. I couldn't play last week...I spent an embarassing amount of time with the yellow, rust, and cream color combination, but I just couldn't get away from ketchup and mustard! The ladies really outdid themselves with such beautiful creations - and I lost all my mojo! So I was relieved when I had two ideas instantly pop in my head when I saw this color combination of dark brown, beige, and green. I first thought of houses and dark chocolate roofs. I'm giving this card to my sister for her new house purchase. I want her to get some fun mail as soon as they've moved in! This house reminds me of Poulsbo, WA's downtown area of little shops. I miss them! Thanks for stopping by! Supplies: Paper: Chocolate Chip & Old Olive (SU!), Kraft (misc.) Stamps: Love from Mixed Messages (Papertrey), Lined Background (Impress), Canvas (SU!) Ink: Chocolate Chip ink and marker (SU!) Embellishments: Silver hodgepodge (SU!), Flame Dewdrops, heart brad Tools: scor-pal, crop-a-dile

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely new home card! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH--love the shaped card! Great home--and I love that you made it for your sister!! Great job:) Thanks for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this shaped card, Melissa! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card! Sweet house and great use of the colors. Thanks for playing along with us again at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't inspiration - the BEST! I'm sorry it was illusive last week, but, WHABAM! It sure found you this round! This card is SUCH fun! I'm mesmerized by the magical home you've built ~ it's just such WONDERFUL use of the PDCC colors, so, YEAHOOOOOO! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I very much appreciate your comments!